Operational Procedures – During Covid 19
Covid 19 is creating extraordinary necessities to keep the game of golf available to play here in Pagosa. Operational necessities requiring additional cleaning & sanitization are in place. The “Normal” on-course golf amenities have been removed from the course. The Pagosa Springs Golf Club is taking unprecedented measures to make the game of golf at our facility “safer” during these difficult times.
Our staff is following the health guidelines recommended by the various governement agencies. Additionally, we have chosen to implement Park & Play, a program recommended by the National Golf Club Owner’s Association, adhering to guidelines recommended by the CDC and approved by the Infectious Diseases Society Of America. Please read all documents pertaining to property access, Park & Play and Operational Procedures.
Our Goal is to remain open to provide the outdoor recreational sport of golf to our community.
Why Play Golf During These Times?
- Golf is played outside, in foursomes, this could be safer by nature
- Various Agencies are recommending or mandating non-crowded outdoor activities
- Great individual recreational opportunity during these times
- Individual ability to practice the health guidelines outlined by the agencies
- Golf is an inherent Social Distancing sport
- 1 golfer 1 cart available for each golfer, see Park & Play regarding this, 6+ feet separation & tee time distancing could be safer
Additional Measures Our Staff Is Taking
- Wearing gloves & masks where needed
- Increasing hand washing & sanitizing
- Wiping down & disinfecting various surfaces & door handles
- Washing down carts after each use and cleaning touch-points with soap & water
- Enhanced cleaning & sanitization measures in CLOSED bar, kitchen, restaurant
- Enhanced cleaning & sanitization measure throughout operations
- Practicing Social Distancing with guests & staff, please do not be offended if we back up or stand away as you approach
- Using single serve food & beverage items
- Implementing food & beverage To Go Menu
Temporary Operating Procedures – will adjust as recommendations change
- Implemented Park & Play: see Park & Play Procedures for additional information, approved by NGCOA & infectious disease doctor approved organization
- Implemented These Covid 19 Operational Procedures: in response to recommended Federal, State, Local, Health, Other Organizations, Agencies and OUR own stricter guidelines
- Implemented Golfer Guidelines For Golfing: for a safer outdoor experience
- Removed Non-Essential Items & Amenities: ball washers; ball towels: flag sticks – 2.5 foot no touch replacement stick; flags; on-course water jugs (removed 3-years ago for this very reason); cart coolers; cart sand bottles; bunker rakes; hazard markers; on-course trash cans; clubhouse benches & tables; range bag stands; clubhouse water fountain
- Removed Non-Essential Staff-Touched Items: so our staff would not have to touch as they would during normal golf operations and setting up course for play
- Suspended Clubhouse Staff & Golfer Interaction: club cleaning, bag loading, bag unloading, cart delivery, cart pick-up
- Closed The Following: On Course Restrooms, Clubhouse, Pro-Shop, Jake’s Grill, 7530′ Grill (dine-in restaurant-bar) and On-Course Beverage cart(s)
- Opened Outside Touchless Check-In Process: check in outside, with 1 staff member
- Implemented Online Booking & Pay Only: no walk-ins at this time
- Opening 7530′ Grill To Go Orders: for golfers on course & general To Go Orders
- Tournaments: we are developing plans for our tournaments that will include social distancing, non-grouping and other procedures as defined herein – please keep supporting them as they engage in helping various non-profits that are so vital at this time
- We Do Not Allow: outside food, drink, their containers; coolers or alcohol
- Suspending: golf club storage and locker use
- Suspending: guest golf club bag loading onto carts
- Suspending: guest golf club club cleaning & bag removal at end of round
- Closed/Suspended Lost & Found: we will not keep & store lost items
- Eliminating Or Limiting: maintenance & guest interaction, minimizing staff & guest interaction in order to maintain social distancing
- Clubhouse Restrooms Will Be Open
- CLOSED AT THIS TIME STARTING 4.08.20 – Range: when open will space range mats 6+ feet apart & clean range balls with soap & water, range balls are bucketed & do not need to be individually touched by golfer
- Limiting & Spreading Out Of Tee Times: to 15 minutes apart, normally 8 minutes
- Tee Time Reduction: cut to 22% of total capacity
- Tee Times Per Hour Reduction: to 16 individual, cut to 29% of capacity
- Tee Time Hours of Operation Reduction: cut to 42% of normal, 5 hours per open day
- Temporary Staff Reduction To Essential Only: helps with social distancing
- Implemented Cart Staging: carts are spacing staged
- Implemented Touchless Key Operation: keys are permanently attached to carts and keys no longer have to be handled by golfer & staff
- Limited Hours Of Operation: change as needed
- Limited Days Of Operation: change as needed
- Implemented Food To Go Menu: premade, pre-packaged, individually sealed
- Implemented Single Serve Beverage & Alcohol To Go Menu: individually sealed
- Suspended Fountain Drink Operation: planned for 2020, on hold at this time
- Suspended Bar Soda Gun Operation: suspended operation at this time
- Touchless Merchandise Options: balls, gloves & tees available upon request, no open retail stock or displays that can be handled, examined, touched or contaminated
We each play a part in creating a safer environment in which to recreate, please do your part to help. Also, read and understand your responsibilities & agreements listed on this web site before accessing the property.
Please take the various government agency’s guidelines and warnings seriously and help us fight and stop this virus. It is your sole choice to come to the property and/or golf, if you do not feel comfortable doing so please make your decision based solely on that.
If you feel sick, have a fever or flu-like symptoms please do not come to the property. If sick and you are on property, please leave immediately and seek medical attention.
Thank you for your understanding during these times.